Monday 22 December 2014

WINTER WONDERLAND, LONDON.


Last Thursday me and Craig headed over to LDN to visit Winter Winderland, I bugged him all last year to take me, but you know what Christmas time is like, and unfortunately we never made it, so this year I was completely determined to go. Craig managed to get the day off, so off we set. A few of my friends had already been and got the train/tube over to Hyde Park, but me and Craig opted to drive, and parked at Westfields, Shepards Bush – such a good idea!! Only costs £6.50 for all day parking which for us was a little bargain as opposed to paying £25 each for the train. So a little tip for you, If someone is willing to drive. It was super easy to get the tube (central line) from Shepards bush over to Oxford Circus for a little mooch, which is what we did. 


After a few hours of shopping, we headed to Hyde Park, I was pretty much like an excited school child. First things first we headed over the Bavarian Village for a few mulled wines and hot ciders – delicious – definitely recommend both drinks, Craig however wasn't so keen, but as you can imagine I was more than happy to lend him a helping hand. We spent all afternoon mooching around the German Christmas Market with well over 200 fairylit Bavarian style wooden chalets, collecting a couple of Christmas presents along the way, playing a few of the games; Craig tried his hand at a bit of curling with no luck and we left empty handed. 


We later headed over to the Magical Ice Kingdom (which we pre-booked here). When booking this attraction they advise you to really wrap up and they are not joking, wow, with temperature dipping to about -8 degrees  I genuinely thought that my hands were going to drop off, so definitely invest in some gloves before you go. You walk through a frozen forest with ice sculptures of fairies, dragons and castles – take your camera as they are beautiful. Nearing the end of the walk is a miniature ice bar, by this time we were thoroughly frozen so opted out and headed to the carousel bar for more mulled wines and ciders. 



Our last booking was the Giant Wheel – very similar to the London eye but with smaller pods. We decided we were going to do this later on, once the dark had drawn in. Unluckily for us, the weather decided to worsen and the rain began, making it quite hard to see once on the wheel, but the sights of the London skyline illuminated was beautiful even through the rain. Again we pre-booked (link here) this online but to be honest it didn’t seem to make a difference as we queued for a good 25 minutes before getting on the wheel. 


I would 100% recommend this for a day out, there is so much to do, we were there for about 5-6 hours and I could have happily stayed on. I would definitely say it’s worth taking the day off work and going during the week as opposed to the weekends as from what I have heard its crazy busy during the weekend.

Let me know if you have been and what you enjoyed the most :) 

Love and kisses

Ness xo. 

Follow me via:
Instagram  |  Twitter  |  Lookbook  |  Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment