Monday 1 September 2014

FAMILY GETAWAY.




Again, I apologise for the lack of blogging lately, I really need to learn to organise my time better – how do you all find enough time in the day?! Help a girl out! 









So, this blogpost is going to be slightly different as I wanted to share some of my photos and a few experiences I have had recently with you.

 I brought myself my Nikon D3100 for my birthday last June and ever since, I must confess that I’ve put the camera on Auto and shot, so I though it about time I learnt the very basics at least. So a friend and I went on a photography course at The Henley Photo School to learn how to use at least some of the buttons (I honestly had no idea where to start). I came away with a very very basic understanding of some of the things my camera could do, THERE IS SO MUCH!! The main thing that was drummed into us was: ‘Practice Practice Practice’ and ‘Never shoot in Auto’ (Oops!!).


I’ve been ridiculously busy recently, so the whole practice thing was sort of pushed aside. But with the family holiday coming up, it was a perfect time to get the camera back out. So all 17 adults and 3 little bubbas, packed up all 7 cars and hit the road to the beautiful Longleat forest. We stayed in different styled lodges and accommodation (see here for the different options) around the Center Parcs Village, with a far walk in between. We were fairly unlucky with the weather. After all that beautiful sunshine we have had, we got stuck with drizzle and cloud, with sometimes made it impossible to get my camera out!


 But I did use my camera as much as I could in between the badminton, swimming and canoeing,  but my brain is like a sieve, and I forgot most of what I’d learnt (typical me) so I did my best and some pictures turned out a lot better than others, but hey ho, I thought I’d show you them and then every now and again Ill blog some more and hopefully you’ll be able to see an improvement (fingers crossed!!) 

Also, how cute is my little model Maxwell? I'm slightly biased as he is my little cousin but I think he is totally gorgeous. If you follow me on Instagram (see here), you'll have seen lots of pictures of him and my little nephew Harvey - both as cute as a button!!























Any photographers out there that could give me any feedback etc would be brilliant?


love and kisses

Ness xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment