Thursday 2 July 2015

MINI ALVA HAUL.


I use the word haul very loosely, as I'm only actually reviewing two Alva products from the MyPure Website. Alva has already featured on my blog sometime last year here when I reviewed their lip liner. Alva is a certified organic skin care company and is now one of Europe's leading natural skin care brands. 


One of their latest releases is the Organic Creamy Collection lipstick - there is currently 4 gorgeous colours in the collection: Brick Red, Burnt Orange, Naked Pink and Purple Haze.
When this little parcel arrived through my door I wasn't hugely impressed, the casing of the lipstick is a cardboard type material, surely it couldn't protect my lipstick from all the junk that I through into my bag on a day to day basis. Well how wrong was I? Never judge a book by it's covers - the packaging hasn't dented or broken my lipstick at all. The lipstick is a lush shimmery purple colour,  I really couldn't capture how it glistens in the light by the photos - I know, shoddy work. The lipstick itself glides onto the lip so smoothly when it is applied. It's feels as if it is already moisturising your lips before its even touching them. My lips definitely feel a lot softer and smoother since I've been using it. The main downside of this lipstick is it staying power, it only lasts a few hours so needs topping up frequently, however I love the colour so much, I will apply it every other hour if needed - it is so sparkly and different to any lipsticks I've used before, I would 100% recommend you to try it.


 


 The baked powder foundation is also from Alva, I picked it up in colour light as although the sun has been out, I am still extremely pale, the product is also available in the shade medium. 
As I've mentioned in previous posts, I always become so lazy with my make up through the summer. I can't think of any worse than layering my skin up with foundation before going out in the sunshine, so I always opt for a powder through the summer, especially in the day. This powder applies so easily to the skin, and helps to hid any of skin shine (why is my skin always so shiny!?) 
The packaging is really simple yet effective, it comes in a small black box - perfect size to take out of an evening in a clutch bag too - with a bit silver elastic attached to keep the powder closed and stop it from escaping all over my bag. 
The powder has a better staying power than the lipstick but again it isn't amazing, I do have to reapply it two or three times through the day. This could be due to the fact that I don't apply much each time as I like my skin being able to get some sun through the summer. Once the powder has been applied you can't feel it ok your skin at all. Huge thumbs up from me.





Overall I loved using these products, it's such a shame they don't last as long as other brands. The lipstick is such a beautiful colour, so this is a product that I will definitely be re-purchasing it. If anyone has brought any of the other colours in the range, I'd love to know what you think of them? I definitely want to try the 3 other shades soon.  The powder is great for the summer months, so I'm hoping this box will last me through this summer and then I will head back to foundation to give a thicker coverage.

Until next time 
love and kisses
Ness xo.

Keep up with what's going on with My Dangerous Obsession on:

No comments:

Post a Comment